Google Maps Alternative & Similar Applications – 2022
Google Maps is a platform which offers mapping services to the users. It allows you to see a map of every corner of the world with the help of internet. It was first released in the year 2005. Also, this platform is developed and distributed by Google LLC. The main feature is that it provides different views of the same map. It’s upon you which to choose. Those views include:
- Satellite Imagery.
- Street Maps.
- Aerial Photography.
- 360° Interactive Panoramic.
There are over 1 billion active users. Moreover, there is a GPS system included in it. Through which you can see your location. It will help you to get to your destination through proper navigation. Plus, it tells you the shortest distance to reach a place. You can plan your route to travel by bike, car, foot, bicycle, public transportation, and air. Other than that, the user interface is pretty intuitive and easy to use.
Along with the above features, Google Maps is a web-based service. So, you can access it through any web browser with the internet. But, there is a cross-platform application offered to the users as well. It can be used on multiple platforms such as:
You can download the application without any cost from their respective application stores. There is an explore the nearby option. Through this, you will be able to see restaurants, gas station, hotels, cafe and much more around your live location. Even, it displays pictures of almost all the venues. So, you get to know the vibe of the place. In this way, you can navigate around the globe while sitting at home. Also, it has support for multiple languages.
Why Need Google Maps Alternative?
List Of Best Google Maps Alternative Software.
- Public Transport.
- Download Maps Offline with Cross-Platform Application Available.
- Offers Interactive 3D Maps and Voice Assisted Navigation.
- Lack of Lane Guidance.
- Cross-Platform Application and Offers Travel Time & Route Details.
- Social Integration with Warnings and Alerts.
- Less Detailed Maps.
- Offers Offline Maps and Navigation with High Accuracy.
- Support for Travel Guides and Listings for Specific Places.
- Doesn't Provide Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Cross-Platform Availability with Offline Maps.
- Support for Turn by Turn Navigation and Quick Navigation.
- Consumes Large Storage Space.
- Detailed Maps with Multiple Layers and Easy to Use.
- Modern User-Friendly Interface with Support for Personal Library.
- Lack of Mobile Application.
- 3D Orientation.
- Lane Guidance.
- Pedestrian Navigation.
- Junction View.
- Alternative Routes.
- Cross-Platform Application Available with Lane Guidance.
- Support for Multiple Languages and Commercial Map Data.
- Less Accuracy.
- Offer to Re-Route Navigation with Cross-Platform Application Available.
- Provides Social Integration with Support for Chat.
- Desktop Application not available.
- Cross-Platform Application with Intuitive and Simple User Interface.
- Support for Multi-Stop Routing and Traffic Information.
- Database is Limited.
- User-Friendly and Intuitive Interface with Cross-Platform Application.
- Offers Full Offline Maps and GPS Navigation.
- Most Features are Paid.
- Cross-Platform Availability with Voice Assisted Navigation.
- Support for Ski Map View and Hiking Paths.
- Web Version not available.
We hope you all like these Google Maps alternative. If you believe we missed any important alternative to Google Maps software then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that Google Maps alternative software into the list.