Microsoft Edge Alternative & Similar Browser – 2022
Microsoft Edge is a web browser software that allows you to surf the internet. It is based on the popular Chromium project. This tool is considered as the virtual successor to Microsoft. It was first released in the year 2015. Also, this software is developed and distributed by Microsoft. And, it comes with all the Microsoft devices. The main feature is that it will provide you with built-in features through which you can control all of your data and its protection. So, your online presence can be fully secured.
Moreover, it uses Bing as the search engine. There is a sidebar where you can easily put the frequently visited pages. In this way, you will have easy and quick access to them. Plus, there is an integrated Adobe Flash Player as well as a PDF reader. There won’t be any problem in accessing multiple formats of files.
Along with the above features, Microsoft Edge is a cross-platform software that is available for multiple platforms. Those platforms include:
- Mac OS.
There is support for extensions as well. So, you can add any specific feature as per your requirement. A lot of customization can be done within the browser. So, it can be more productive and personalized. You can easily organize the tabs within the browser. It also allows you to save HTML web pages in your local storage. Some handy features like full-screen view, annotate books, and much more.
List Of Best Microsoft Edge Alternatives.
- Use of Quantum Technology with Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Support for Syncing and Powerful Developer Tools.
- Can't Directly Translate Web Page.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Simple User Interface.
- Support for Extensions and Highly Customizable.
- Doesn't Support iOS Devices.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Syncing Across Devices.
- Support for Built-In Developer Tools, Extensions and HTML5.
- High CPU Usage.
- Easy to Use and Secured with Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Offers Ad Trackers and Reading Mode.
- Not Available for Windows or Android Devices.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with One-Click Proxy.
- Offers No Tracking and Multiple Security Options.
- Not Open-Source.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Video Pop-Out Feature.
- Support for Ad-Blocker and Chrome Extensions.
- Lack of Tabs Selection.
Brave Browser is a software that offers browsing services and features to the users. It is a chromium-based browser. Because of which, it looks quite similar to the Chrome browser. But, it has a lot of privacy and security features as compared to other browsers. Also, it is developed and distributed by Brave Software Inc. The main feature of the browser is that it blocks any type of tracker from websites or any third-party application. Because of which, no one is able to track your behavior or any other personal information. Also, it doesn't create any cookies which can be used by website trackers or any third party to know about your interest or behavior. It offers you with a cross-platform application which is available for different operating systems given below:
- Mac OS.
- Application Available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android Devices.
- Built-In AdBlock as well as Block Trackers to Take Care of Security and Privacy.
- Have Some Sync Issues.
- Free Software with Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Offers Built Media Grabber and BitTorrent.
- Contain Ads.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Changing Layout Engines.
- Support for Multiple Rendering Engines and Multiple Languages.
- Doesn't Support Mail Agents.
- Freeware Software with Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Support for Password Manager and Different Customization.
- Not Highly Secured.
Yandex Browser is a web browser software which is used to surf over the web safely and securely. It is free as well as open-source software. So, you can use it without any cost as well as the source code of the program can easily be accessed. Due to which, you can always check and make sure that there are no backdoors in it. Moreover, this software is developed by a Russian company which is a web-search corporation named as Yandex. Also, it was first launched in the year 2012. This software is based upon the Chromium project. The main feature of this browser is that it provides you with a fully secured and safe protection with the help of DNS spoofs. So, you can surf the internet privately and no one is able to breach into your personal information. It is a cross-platform software available for different operating systems:
- Mac OS.
- Provides Application for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS Devices.
- Lightweight & Fast Software and Pretty Consistent with Yandex Services.
- Sometimes Websites are Incompatible with Browser
We hope you all like these Microsoft Edge alternatives. If you believe we missed any important tool then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that Microsoft Edge alternatives platform into the list.