Adobe Reader Alternatives & Similar PDF Software – 2019
Adobe Acrobat is software which is used to view pdf files, search in it and much more. And, it is the most powerful free pdf tool available in the market. Also, this software is developed by Adobe and distributed by them too. With the help of this software, you can easily view pdf files in your android and windows device. As it is compatible with both Windows as well as the android operating system. Other than this feature, there are a lot of functionalities which make this software stand out from the other ones. Like, it allows you to zoom into the document. So, you are able to see the minute details of the particular file. Also, it provides support to search for something in the document. If you want to find a line or a word in a lengthy file. Then, you can use a simple search option.
With the search feature, you will save a lot of time which you must have wasted in looking for a particular object in a document. Along with the above features, you will also be able to annotate and comment on pdfs. The comments will be done directly through drawing tools or sticky note. Also, as it is a free application. So, you don’t have to sign up for an account. And, you can use all these features without even creating an account. It will also allow you to work with scanned files. And, you can print the files if you want any document as a hard copy.
Why Need Adobe Reader Alternatives?
Best Adobe Reader Alternative PDF Software.
Soda PDF is a software which used to view, open, edit, convert and share pdf documents. And, this software was first launched back in the year 2010. Also, this software is developed by LULU Software Ltd. Their headquarters are based in Montreal, Quebec. It offers two types of solutions to the users. The first one is Desktop application and the second one is Web Application. So, you can even download the app on your device. Or, you can also access it through a web browser. And, edit pdf files. With this, you don't need your device every time. As you can access it from anywhere from any device. Other than that, the interface of this software is also good and very intuitive. So, it can easily be used by amateur as well as beginner users. It allows you to create a pdf document with support over to 300 file formats.
- Available as Windows and Web Application.
- Great Interface with a Wide Range of Features.
- Doesn't Support Video Embedding.
- Intuitive Interface with Easy PDF conversion and Creation.
- Support to Edit Images & Text within any PDF file.
- Not Compatible with Mac OS Devices.
- Cross-Platform Software with Uncluttered and Clear Interface.
- Cheap with Advanced Professional Features.
- Doesn't Support OCR in Standard Version.
Phantom PDf tool is developed by Foxit especially to create documents and manage them after publishing. It has a free version with basic functions like viewing, printing, and annotation of pdf files. For advanced features, you have to buy the premium version. It is available for Windows and macOS. In the premium version, you can easily create files and fillable forms. With this, you can edit and organize existing documents with ease. It even provides a feature to share content with ECMs and cloud storage. Protection of some confidential is the main thing to do and can be done within this tool.
- Available for Mac OS and Windows Interface.
- Easy to Use and Simple Interface.
- Plug-ins don't work with 64-bit Software.
Infix PDF Editor is a suite which can edit your pdf files for you developed by Iceni Technologies. The interface of this tool is classic like old times. But, all the features are the latest. It will allow to edit text, change fonts, colours and much more in a PDF file. After editing, you won't be able to tell if it edited or not. You can also search for a word which you want to change in a particular file. With this feature, you can also do the creation of files and forms in PDF document. It also offers features like OCR and watermarking the documents you create or edit. After editing, you won't be able to tell if it edited or not. You can also search for a word which you want to change in a particular file. With this feature, you can also do the creation of files and forms in PDF document. It also offers features like OCR and watermarking the documents you create or edit.
- Available for Both Mac OS and Windows Devices.
- Support for In-Depth Editing with Good Customer Service.
- Demo Version has Watermark Embedded in it.
Master PDF Editor is one of the simplest tool used for editing of pdf documents. This is a multi-functional tool with straightforward in its working. It is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Even, a person with zero knowledge about it can use it easily. It provides you with all the features like viewing, creating, editing and merging pdf files which you might want. With this, you can also sign, scan and print pdf documents. It comes with OCR technology. Moreover, the annotation tools such as a sticky note, measuring tools and shapes make this a very useful tool. This will also allow bookmarking your PDF documents.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Support for OCR Technology to Edit Files.
- Trial Version has Watermark.
- Available for iPhone, Mac OS and iPad devices.
- Support to compress and convert PDF files.
- Doesn't Have a One-Time Buying Option.
PDF Architect 7 is a tool developed by PDFForge to play with pdf documents with freedom. Its user interface is the best thing about this tool. With the features to create, edit and convert a pdf file. Plus, it comes with OCR and e-Signature. While creating a file, you don't need to worry about its security. Because it provides some awesome privacy features which will keep your document safe and secure. It will allow you to merge a combination of the file so that you easily manage and share them. With this, it has a feature as "Review". This feature will allow you to leave notes in a document. Thes notes will be shown to the person with whom you share the file.
- Good for Beginners with Minimal Learning Curve.
- Support to Create Fillable Forms.
- Mac OS and Linux version not available.
- Windows Version available with Simple Interface.
- Editing Options are Flexible with Support to Encrypted Protection.
- Process of Installation requires Internet.
PDFMate PDF Converter is a tool which is specialized in converting pdf files but also have some other functionalities. You can convert PDF to EPUB, TXT, DOC, IMG, HTML, SWF file formats. Other than conversion, it performs actions like merging files as well as splitting them. It can encrypt your pdf file with password for you to make it more secure. It offers you to create PDF with IMG, Word, Excel and PPT file formats. You can customize the layout size, direction and edge cropping of PDF file. It comes with advanced OCR technology.
- Easy to Use Software available for Windows Devices.
- Support to Conversion of Files in Batches.
- Doesn't Have Good Support for Free Version.
PDF Studio is an enhanced and affordable PDF tool developed by Qoppa Software. This tool is an editing software with all the features which are required for it. With all features, we mean like creating, editing and annotating a pdf document. It also has some precision measuring tools. You can fill in the forms in this and save them for later. It will allow you to append and delete pages from a pdf file. It has other features like creating watermarks, headers, and footers in documents. The latest version of PDF Studio also supports the new PDF 2.0 standards.
- Available for Linux, Mac OS and Windows Devices.
- Advanced and Flexible PDF editing features.
- Doesn't Offer any Mobile Application.
- Available for Windows and Mac OS Devices.
- Clean and Intuitive User Interface with Support to OCR Technology.
- Doesn't have Responsive Usability.
We hope you all like these Adobe Reader alternative. If you believe we missed any important alternatives platform then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that Adobe Reader alternative platform into the list.