MobaXterm Alternative & Similar Terminal Software – 2022
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]MobaXterm is a terminal software that is based on the X11 server integration. It also includes all essential Unix commands on a Windows desktop. It was first released in the year 2008. Also, this software is developed and distributed by Mobatek. The main feature is that it provides a tabbed SSH client to the users. Plus, there is support for several remote desktops such as VNC, RDP, and Xdmcp.
Different network protocols such as Telnet, rLogin, SSH, and Mosh. So, you can easily make a remote terminal through any of these protocols. It is feature-rich software which is also very reliable. The user interface is friendly, intuitive, and easy to use. Other than that, it enables you to save profile scripts as well as modify those easily. Moreover, the application is light and won’t use many resources on your device. There are several powerful features included.
Along with the above features, MobaXterm is available for Windows devices only. There is only a single executable file that will be used. Two different editions: Home and Professional are available for the users. The home edition is totally free but with limited features. While the professional edition will include unlimited access to features but you have to pay to get this edition. There is support for an unlimited number of sessions, Macros, Run time for network daemons, and Tunnels. Also, it has support for plugin architecture.
List Of Best MobaXterm Alternative Software.
- Session Filtering with Several Add-Ons.
- Support for Auto-Login Script and Startup Sessions.
- Lack of Centralised Configuration.
- Public-Key Authentication.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Variety of Security Features.
- Support for Network Protocols To Transfer Data.
- Dull User Interface.
- Tabbed User Interface with Saved Credentials.
- Support for Multiple Network Protocols and Multiple Sessions.
- Not Available for Mac OS or Linux devices.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Modern User-Friendly Interface.
- Support for Dial-Up Connections and Auto-Highlight Feature.
- Pretty Hard Configuration.
- Remote Desktop (RDP).
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing).
- Secure Shell (SSH).
- HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTPS).
- ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture).
- Telnet (Telecommunication Network).
- Raw Socket Connections.
- Free and Open Source with Tabbed User Interface.
- Support for Several Protocols and Active Development.
- Lack of Private Keys Management.
- Free Software with In-Built SFTP Window.
- Offers Quick Workflow and Reliable Renders.
- Doesn't Offer Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- SSH 1/2.
- Tabbed User Interface with Session Manager.
- Support to Multiple Fonts and User Defined Key Mapping.
- Only Paid Version.
- Graphical User Interface with Persistent and Recursive Aliases.
- Support for Auto-Completion, CSS and HTML.
- Limited Features in Free Version.
- Free and Open-Source Software with Drag & Drop Feature.
- Support for Xterm, MSYS and Cygwin.
- Lack of Multi-Tab Support.
- Friendly User Interface with Always on Top Menu.
- Support for URL Hyperlinking and Android ADB.
- Lack of Cross-Platform Compatibility.
We hope you all like these MobaXterm alternatives. If you believe we missed any important alternative to MobaXterm software then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that MobaXterm alternatives software into the list.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]