mRemoteNG Alternative & Similar Terminal Software – 2021
mRemoteNG is a software that allows you to seamlessly manage all the remote connections. It is based on another project called mRemote. It was first released in the year 2015. Also, this software is developed and distributed by mRemote Inc. The main feature is that it is open-source software that allows you to access its source code. It can even be modified by the user if they want to do it. Moreover, the user interface is intuitive and has tabbed characteristics. In this way, it becomes easier for you to manage multiple sessions at a single time. There is support for a wide range of protocols which includes:
- Remote Desktop (RDP).
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing).
- Secure Shell (SSH).
- HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTPS).
- ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture).
- Telnet (Telecommunication Network).
- Raw Socket Connections.
You won’t have to face any type of compatibility issue with the software.
Along with the above features, mRemoteNG is available for Windows devices only. The software is under active development. Because of this, the users will receive updates with new features and bug fixes frequently. The user interface is quite traditional but simple to use and intuitive. It is completely free. You don’t have to pay a penny to use the software. There is also an active community where you can reports bugs if you face any. Plus, you can make some specific feature request.
Why Need mRemoteNG Alternatives?
List Of Best mRemoteNG Alternative Software.
- Session Filtering with Several Add-Ons.
- Support for Auto-Login Script and Startup Sessions.
- Lack of Centralised Configuration.
- Public-Key Authentication.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Variety of Security Features.
- Support for Network Protocols To Transfer Data.
- Dull User Interface.
- Tabbed User Interface with Saved Credentials.
- Support for Multiple Network Protocols and Multiple Sessions.
- Not Available for Mac OS or Linux devices.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Modern User-Friendly Interface.
- Support for Dial-Up Connections and Auto-Highlight Feature.
- Pretty Hard Configuration.
- Feature-Rich and Flexible Software with Tabbed Interface.
- Support for Plugins and Remote File Editor.
- Split Screen Prevent Tabbed Mode.
- Free Software with In-Built SFTP Window.
- Offers Quick Workflow and Reliable Renders.
- Doesn't Offer Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- SSH 1/2.
- Tabbed User Interface with Session Manager.
- Support to Multiple Fonts and User Defined Key Mapping.
- Only Paid Version.
- Graphical User Interface with Persistent and Recursive Aliases.
- Support for Auto-Completion, CSS and HTML.
- Limited Features in Free Version.
- Free and Open-Source Software with Drag & Drop Feature.
- Support for Xterm, MSYS and Cygwin.
- Lack of Multi-Tab Support.
- Friendly User Interface with Always on Top Menu.
- Support for URL Hyperlinking and Android ADB.
- Lack of Cross-Platform Compatibility.
We hope you all like these mRemoteNG alternatives. If you believe we missed any important alternative to mRemoteNG software then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that mRemoteNG alternatives software into the list.