10+ Putty Alternative & Similar Terminal Software – 2023
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Putty is a software that provides services of terminal emulator, network file transfer, and serial console. There is support for a wide range of protocols that help in its efficient and effective performance. It was first released in the year 1999. Also, this software is developed by Simon Tatham. The main feature is that it is a free as well as open-source software. So, you can use it without any cost.
Moreover, you can easily access its source code because of the open-source approach in it. It can even be modified if you want to. Different network protocols like Telnet, SCP, SSH, raw socket connection, and rlogin. So, there won’t be any compatibility issues for you. The user interface of the software is a traditional one. Other than that, it takes the security of your connection and data seriously. For that, there are a number of techniques supported:
- Public-Key Authentication.
Furthermore, Putty offers cross-platform compatibility. It means that the software is available for multiple platforms. Those platforms include:
- Mac OS.
You can install it on any of these devices for free. Most importantly, you can connect to the server and install WordPress on your website. Even, you can transfer the date from the server to your local device if the server crashed for some reason. Also, it has support for IPV6 internet protocol which is a pretty rare feature. The software is considered as one of the most reliable software all over the web.
List Of Best Putty Alternative Software.
- Session Filtering with Several Add-Ons.
- Support for Auto-Login Script and Startup Sessions.
- Lack of Centralised Configuration.
- Tabbed User Interface with Saved Credentials.
- Support for Multiple Network Protocols and Multiple Sessions.
- Not Available for Mac OS or Linux devices.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Modern User-Friendly Interface.
- Support for Dial-Up Connections and Auto-Highlight Feature.
- Pretty Hard Configuration.
- Feature-Rich and Flexible Software with Tabbed Interface.
- Support for Plugins and Remote File Editor.
- Split Screen Prevent Tabbed Mode.
- Remote Desktop (RDP).
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing).
- Secure Shell (SSH).
- HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTPS).
- ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture).
- Telnet (Telecommunication Network).
- Raw Socket Connections.
- Free and Open Source with Tabbed User Interface.
- Support for Several Protocols and Active Development.
- Lack of Private Keys Management.
- Free Software with In-Built SFTP Window.
- Offers Quick Workflow and Reliable Renders.
- Doesn't Offer Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- SSH 1/2.
- Tabbed User Interface with Session Manager.
- Support to Multiple Fonts and User Defined Key Mapping.
- Only Paid Version.
- Graphical User Interface with Persistent and Recursive Aliases.
- Support for Auto-Completion, CSS and HTML.
- Limited Features in Free Version.
- Free and Open-Source Software with Drag & Drop Feature.
- Support for Xterm, MSYS and Cygwin.
- Lack of Multi-Tab Support.
- Friendly User Interface with Always on Top Menu.
- Support for URL Hyperlinking and Android ADB.
- Lack of Cross-Platform Compatibility.
We hope you all like these Putty alternatives. If you believe we missed any important alternative to Putty software then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that Putty alternatives software into the list.