Whatsapp Alternative & Similar Messaging Apps – 2022 [Best 10+]
WhatsApp is a cross-platform application that provides messaging and VoIP (Voice Over IP) services to the users. It doesn’t need any introduction. It is only because of its popularity and availability all over the world. Also, this application is owned by Facebook, Inc.
This application is mainly used for messaging, voice, and video calls by people. It has made messaging and calling very easier. Because you won’t need balance to do it. It can be done with the help of data charges. Moreover, the application is available for free to use. It allows you to send text as well as voice messages to others. Also, it offers you to share images, audio, video, document, and much more within just a click. Other than that, it has a feature of video calling through which you can talk with anyone, anywhere. But now, it has provided support to group video calls too.
As it is a cross-platform software, WhatsApp is available for Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS devices. So, you can use it on your computer system as well as a smartphone. If you want then you can also use its web service. You just need to verify your mobile number to create an account. With that, you can reach people or people can reach you. And, it was first released in 2009. The user interface is pretty clean, simple, and intuitive at the same time. Also, it provides you topmost security. Because it has end-to-end encryption. So, your messages won’t be read by anyone.
List Of Best Whatsapp Alternative Software.
Skype is a communication-based software that provides services like text, call and video chat to the users. And, mostly it is popular amongst the user because of the voice & video quality, it delivers. Also, this software is developed and distributed by Skype Technologies which is a subsidiary of Microsoft. It was first launched in the year 2003. The main feature of this software is that it simply allows you to communicate with someone through text, voice or video call with the use of the Internet. It is a cross-platform software that is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Moreover, it offers you application for Android, Windows, and iOS devices. So, there won't be any type of compatibility issue. It also works as a proper messaging software. As, it allows you to send text messages as well as media files like audio, image, and video to any other person.
- Cross-Platform Software with Intuitive and Simple Interface.
- Allows Screen-Sharing with Support to Video Conference Call.
- Slow Speed of File Sharing.
Facebook Messenger is a messaging application as well as a platform to message each other. Through this, you can easily communicate with other people. Also, this application is developed and distributed by Facebook. And, it is commonly referred to as Messenger. Although, it is a part of the Facebook platform. But, if you want to use it separately then you can also do it. It is cross-platform software as it is available for Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS devices. It can also be accessed through the web. To use it, you can create an account with your phone number or use your Facebook account. It allows you to talk with people through text or voice messages. Moreover, it has support to voice as well as video calls. That too, without any cost. It allows you to make video or voice conference calls. So, it can be efficient.
- Cross-Platform Software with Support to Dark Theme.
- Allows Group Video Call and Have End-to-End Encryption.
- Doesn't Support Cloud Syncing.
Imo is an application that is used for messaging and video call services. And, it is a free application available for free to use. Also, this application is developed by imo.im. It is a cross-platform application. It is available for Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS devices. So, you can chat or call anyone irrespective of the matter which device they are using. The main feature of this application is that it allows you to make voice or video calls with others without any cost. Also, if they are in any other country then you can do it too. Moreover, it offers you to make a group or conference call with multiple persons. You just need to create an account on it after installing the application. After that, you can chat with the person who is in your contact lists. Or, you can also send a request to other people.
- Cross-Platform Software with Intuitive and Attractive Interface.
- Allows Group Video Calls with Support to Dark Theme.
- Doesn't Support Third-party Messaging.
- Offers Cross-Platform Compatibility with Intuitive Interface.
- Support for End-to-End Encryption and Multiple Languages.
- Meta Data is Stored.
- Intuitive and User-Friendly with Cross-Platform Availability.
- Support for End-to-End Encryption and International Calls.
- Quality is Poor.
- Attractive and Intuitive Interface with Huge Mask Collection.
- Offers Self Destructing Messages with Location Filters.
- No Desktop Version Available.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Top-Rated Security.
- Supports Practical Voting Feature with No Ads.
- Not Open-Source.
- Open Source Software with User Friendly and Intuitive Interface.
- Support Encrypted Messages and Phone Calls with PIN Lock Feature.
- Less Number of Users.
- Beautiful and Attractive Interface with Cross-Platform Availability.
- Support for End-to-End Encryption with Group Video Calls.
- Stores User's Meta Data.
- Cross-Platform Availability with User-Friendly Interface.
- Allows To Make Account without Phone Number.
- Doesn't Support Desktop Version.
We hope you all like these Whatsapp alternatives. If you believe we missed any important alternative to Whatsapp software then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that Whatsapp alternatives software into the list.