Xshell Alternative & Similar Terminal Software – 2021
Xshell 6 is a good software that allows connecting to serial connection. It has support for different types of connections which includes:
- SSH 1/2.
Along with the above features, Xshell 6 is available for Windows devices only. There is support for different Windows versions like Windows 7, 10, and 8. The user interface is modern, sleek, and intuitive. There won’t be any problem in operating it. Also, it has support for Dual Fonts such as Non-ASCII or ASCII characters. There is support for custom keyboard as well as key mappings. With all these features, it is also one of the effective and efficient software which will surely provide high productivity results to the users. Also, there is a session manager too in it.
Why Need Xshell Alternatives?
List Of Best Xshell Alternative Software.
- Session Filtering with Several Add-Ons.
- Support for Auto-Login Script and Startup Sessions.
- Lack of Centralised Configuration.
- Public-Key Authentication.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Variety of Security Features.
- Support for Network Protocols To Transfer Data.
- Dull User Interface.
- Tabbed User Interface with Saved Credentials.
- Support for Multiple Network Protocols and Multiple Sessions.
- Not Available for Mac OS or Linux devices.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility with Modern User-Friendly Interface.
- Support for Dial-Up Connections and Auto-Highlight Feature.
- Pretty Hard Configuration.
- Feature-Rich and Flexible Software with Tabbed Interface.
- Support for Plugins and Remote File Editor.
- Split Screen Prevent Tabbed Mode.
- Remote Desktop (RDP).
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing).
- Secure Shell (SSH).
- HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTPS).
- ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture).
- Telnet (Telecommunication Network).
- Raw Socket Connections.
- Free and Open Source with Tabbed User Interface.
- Support for Several Protocols and Active Development.
- Lack of Private Keys Management.
- Free Software with In-Built SFTP Window.
- Offers Quick Workflow and Reliable Renders.
- Doesn't Offer Cross-Platform Compatibility.
- Graphical User Interface with Persistent and Recursive Aliases.
- Support for Auto-Completion, CSS and HTML.
- Limited Features in Free Version.
- Free and Open-Source Software with Drag & Drop Feature.
- Support for Xterm, MSYS and Cygwin.
- Lack of Multi-Tab Support.
- Friendly User Interface with Always on Top Menu.
- Support for URL Hyperlinking and Android ADB.
- Lack of Cross-Platform Compatibility.
We hope you all like these Xshell alternatives. If you believe we missed any important alternative to Xshell software then don’t forget to share it with us. We will definitely review it and add that Xshell alternatives software into the list.